Monday, April 18, 2011

Will & Jeremy's Life in 1967 China Post

Dear diary,
My name in Guang Xiao Hong and I grew up and still live in Beijing. I am 20 years old, and work in a small factory next to my dormitory. Revolution is brewing in my city, and I intend to be a part of it. Chairman Mao has told us common people to work together and overcome all of our society's problems. Many of my friends have been chosen to go to war to protect our country, and same of the remaining workers here fear the same fate. But I follow the teachings of our great leader, who said “When we die for the people, it is a worthy death." (“Serve the People,” speech from Mao Zedong on September 8th, 1944). Every day, local bureaucrats try to assert their authority, but my friends and I listen to Mao and maintain revolutionary spirit to better our country. Chairman Mao tells us, "Marxism consists of thousands of truths, but these truths can be summarized in the statement: It is right to rebel!” (Mao Zedong’s speech on December 20th, 1939). I know that it is right to rebel against non-revolutionary forces, but I will never oppose our great leader, Chairman Mao. Long live Chairman Mao and the revolutionary people of China!

-Will & Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment