Monday, April 18, 2011

A day in the life

Shanghai, 1967.
Wednesday, April 14.
Low-Low Yuang

"Today i was cured by the meritorious Chairman Mao. My life long hearing and speech impediment has vanished under the swift effort of our glorious leader, Chairman Mao. Before today, sounds were nothing to me and as a result, i could make none. However yesterday i underwent an incredibly risky medical operation to cure me of my impediment. At first i was scared, i thought perhaps i would die. However the thought that the entire process had be planend out by our beautiful Chairman Mao gave me much solace. Once i awoke, i laid my eyes, ears and words onto my mother who was standing over me. I immediately fell to the floor, beneath our giant painting of Chairman Mao. I almost shouted the words, "OH GLORIOUS CHAIRMAN MAO, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" As tears fell down my mother's face, i comforted her and in turn myself, with the kind words that had not left my lips since i was 2."

This is what i heard on the radio today, a glorious and triumphant story of Chairman Mao's efforts to help and cure a deaf-mute from her crippling disease. As i listened to this little girl's story, i found myself in amazement. Amazement for our wonderful leader and his magical abilities. I thought long and hard on how Chairman Mao could possibly cure this little girl's deafness. Acupuncture was the means in which Chairman Mao cured this girl, however it was his genius combined with the loyal country which follows him wherever he journeys. I consider myself so blessed to live in this wonderful country lead by this truly amazing leader, if he can cure this girl's deafness and muteness, there must surely be no end to his power.

No comments:

Post a Comment