Monday, April 18, 2011

Day in the Life of a Student in Beijing, 1967 (Noah and Michaela)

Dear Journal,
Today, I continued to fight the terrible bourgeoisie in the name of our great leader Chairman Mao. My fellow Red Guards and I worked to destroy the evil four olds. As a student and a man of twenty years, I have been taught the power of Mao-Zedong thought and have devoted my life to the revolutionary cause. I follow the little red book and use it to resolve any problems as Chairman Mao has instructed. After waking up, I put on my Red Guard uniform and my Mao badge.

Today, while walking through Tienanmen Square, I saw our great Chairman Mao encouraging mobilization of the people. My fellow Red Guards and I, while walking through the market, encountered a middle-aged man who was insulting Chairman Mao. We detained him and sent him for re-education through labor. I am amazed at how people do not see the greatness of Chairman Mao, who is leading our country to prosperity and curing the people of their diseases.

In the effort of spreading Chairman Mao's thought, we destroyed an ancient temple in the heart of Beijing today. In order for Chairman Mao's thought to prevail, all parts of old culture must be abolished. Mao, who doesn't support religion, tells us to destroy old temples and old religious practices.

After a long but rewarding day of destroying old practices, I returned home to watch the Mao television network. I am truly blessed and inspired to fight in the name of Chairman Mao and fight for the revolutionary cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment