Monday, April 18, 2011

Shanghai, 1967 Diary of A Chinese Girl

Dear Diary,
Today I watched a movie, entitled "The Detachment of Women" and it inspired me to become a warrior when I'm older. I'm just a destitute 16-year old girl from Shanghai, who never dreamed I could become a valiant, brave soldier, but now the honorable Chairman Mao showed me anything is possible. Before, I thought I'd have to labor on a farm, but now I know I can become a brave soldier soldier and defend the honor and glory of Mao. Even if I cannot become a soldier, I know (that because of Mao) I can defend my country or earn any job a man can. Just this winter, the Red Guards entered Shanghai and they're so inspiring; I wish I could be like them. Like my favorite song says, "how bright and brave they look." I'm so glad life has become better now that Mao is in charge!
小餃子

Leah and Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment