Monday, April 18, 2011

Day in 1955 (Claudia and David)

1955: Beijing:

Today, I saw a film made by government. This film featured Mao explaining his policies to the people. He said in this video that he wanted to emulate the Soviet system of government. He said that their economy was ideal, and that he was going to implement the policies that Stalin implemented. Having read some of Stalin's policies, I know that these include five year plans and a generally planned economy. Apparently, the Soviet Union is very open to women involving themselves in society (almost equal to men). The Communists, differing from the Nationalists, want to eliminate all political and civil freedoms, such as freedom of the press. Today, the newspaper that I read was completely propagandized, and the Communist government clearly dictated its contents. This definitely is along the lines of the Soviet example. I was informed today that my grain produce doubled this year! This could only be attributed to the Communist takeover in China. I am very happy that the Communists have taken over in this great nation, for now we can progress toward social equality and economic freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment