Monday, April 18, 2011

Will & Jeremy's Life in 1955 China Post

Dear Diary,
My name is Xiao Hun. I am a 30 year old woman, with a husband and 8 year old son, who lives on a farm just outside of Beijing. Recently, Chairman Mao has made new plans for our country. He has taken away many civil rights from the people, and nationalized all agriculture. Now, my family and I must work very hard to please Chairman Mao with all the grain that he demands. Mao has also started plans to industrialize our country, similar to the Soviet's 5 Year Plan. He plans to follow in the Soviet's footsteps to lead our country into the future. Although Mao has taken away many of our rights such as freedom of speech and freedom of the press, he recognizes women's rights, and is making strides towards equality between men and women. He tells all women to be strong, and encourages us to fight in the army, and rebel against non-revolutionaries. There are some setbacks to living under Mao's rule, he is a great leader with good intentions, and although life is hard, Mao helps my family and I prosper and live happy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment