Monday, April 18, 2011

小本字

1967
Today in school, I learned about the great Chairman Mao, again. My teacher also talked about preparing for the revolution, and how we, as students, should read Mao's pamphlets in order to understand and apply his ideas. I also learned about the terrible Westerners and how they discriminate against people of different ethnic backgrounds. My teacher is constantly telling us how great Mao is and how privileged we are to be his followers.

I am looking forward to summer vacation because I get to experience my first job at a factory. I am also hoping to meet others who share the passion for labor that I have. We, as the people of China, must work to help the cause. Mao believes that it is essential to work as one, unified country.

Finally, I'm also excited for the frequent Communist Youth Meetings I'm going to attend. It is an opportunity to meet other fellow young-communists like myself, who also want to help the cause as much as I do. My parents think Mao is great and that he will help our country.

-權珍

1955
We are not so sure about Mao Zedong taking over China. He does not seem qualified for the job and we, as new parents, are unsure as to how this will affect our lives. Being a middle class family, we are concerned about how our work will be laid out if Mao takes over. We accept Mao's Marxist-Leninist views, but he doesn't seem to heading in the right direction economically speaking.

Jason & C.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment